Friday, May 18, 2012

My First Blog :)

I figured that the best way to start my blogging journey is to tell you a little bit about me and my family.  I have been married to my wonderful husband Marshall for thirteen years.  Here's a picture of me and my sweetheart on our wedding day.


And then after thirteen years of marriage we have these three amazing children to show from it.

Caitlin is my oldest (she's twelve) then there is my Cassie Rose (she's eight), and my little guy Noah (he is 3).

We live in beautiful Western North Carolina and think it is pretty great.  We are a homeschooling family and believe that in this crazy world (which seems to get crazier by the day) this is the best route to go.  We are  christian's and attend a little church in Asheville called Grace Independent Missionary Baptist Church (long name but little church..lol)  My husband is the deacon there and you could not ask for a better church family.

I am a homemaker which in reality means: nanny, housekeeper, accountant, gardener, schoolteacher, cook, secretary, etc., etc. (only joking, I love my life and would not change a thing!)  My husband is a machine operator at a juice plant in Mountain Home, NC. and on one income you have to stay on budget to get the bills paid and the bellies full.

This is what made me get my start in stocking up, raising livestock, canning, and gardening. We live on a little over a half an acre and my goal is to use every square inch for some purpose.

Then we started hearing more and more about how bad the world is getting and I will be truthful. it scared me.  The thought of a world without the modern luxuries that we have all gotten so used to and the havoc it would cause wanted me to learn even more about ways that we could prepare and face this scary new world.  If nothing ever does happen.....great.....but if it DOES we want our family to be prepared.

With this blog I hope to tell you a little more about some of the tips and ideas we have picked up and learned along the way and hopefully you have some new ideas to share to.  I am always up for learning more...

Thanks for reading and I hope you will continue to visit..

mommamarler


No comments:

Post a Comment