Saturday, May 19, 2012

Vegetable and Fruit Gardens

Until this year my yard was filled with nothing but trees because I live right in the middle of the woods.  Well I have been wanting to grow my own gardens and fruit trees.  But in order to do that I had to cut down some trees (try five huge trees which are now sitting in my wood shed drying out for next winter).




 Where the trees were at I have planted quite a bit this year....

Two apple trees...



Two plum trees....


2 Mulberry trees...


4 grape vines...





4 rasberry vines




4 blackberry vines....

                                         

5 Blueberry bushes...






and my raised bed Vegetable garden made of concrete blocks......

                                         

First bed contains:  Carrots, Onions, green peppers with strawberries planted in the holes of the concrete blocks.


                                       



Second bed contains: Radishes, potatoes, and hot peppers planted in the holes of the concrete blocks.






Third bed contains:  Green Beans with lettuce planted in the holes of the concrete blocks

                                       




                                       

Fourth bed contains: 9 Tomatoes with a herb garden planted in the holes of the concrete block (I have all kinds of different herbs planted)


Fifth bed contains: 8 squash plants and 8 cucumber plants with cabbage planted in the holes of the concrete blocks.


Sixth bed contains: pumpkins, watermelon, and cantaloupe with snap peas planted in the holes.


I also have sunflowers planted along one side of my garden





I still have more stuff that I am planning on planting before the growing season is done but this is what I have planted so far.  I fenced the perimeter of my vegetable garden with a temporary fence of plastic until I get my permanant fence done.  The soil that I am using in my raised beds for each bed consists of:

4 lb bag of Miracle Gro Garden Soil
2 lb. Bag of top soil
2 lb. Bag of Shagnum Peat Moss

So far this soil mix has grown anything I have planted in it..

I am trying to use my whole yard to grow things in and raise livestock on..  If you have any helpful information that would help me out further I am always up for new ideas...

Thanks for reading and come back and see us..

mommamarler

No comments:

Post a Comment